Intermodal Dispatcher / Customer Service Specialist
With over four decades of intermodal experience, ContainerPort Group, Inc. (CPG) has been at the forefront of the global shipping industry with a total package of transportation, terminal and information services. Today, CPG continues to solve the intermodal puzzle by integrating shipping logistics and sophisticated information technology.
CPG employs over 475 associates and 700 Independent Contractors. We offer a challenging and positive work environment where motivated individuals can flourish. Our talented team sets us apart from the rest
- It’s our people who have allowed us to become the most successful full-service intermodal terminal, transportation and logistics specialist in the markets in which we
Container Port Group, Inc., the largest full-service intermodal transportation and terminal specialist in the Midwest, currently has a great opportunity for an Intermodal Dispatcher / Customer Service Specialist to provide operations support to our Detroit, MI facility.
- A challenging, dynamic and positive working environment
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Medical/Dental/Prescription Insurance
- Life insurance and short-term/long-term disability
- Paid vacation
- Company matched 401K
- Growth opportunities
In this role, you will take on the tasks of both dispatching drivers and communicating with customers to quote rates and service capabilities, take orders, and provide information on shipment status. Strong positive communication skills are key, as it will be your responsibility to treat customers, drivers and co- workers with respect at all times.
- Assist in the dispatching of drivers and monitoring equipment status to ensure pick-up and delivery standards and other customer requirements are met
- Provide information to customers on service capabilities, rates, and equipment availability to build and grow relationships with key accounts
- Enter order information directly into computer system accurately and on a timely basis (immediate as received).
- Understanding time is critical, immediately updates drivers on pick-up and delivery status
- Communicate professionally with drivers and customers to provide information on shipment status, anticipated service failures, new pick-up and delivery times, and alternative solutions where possible
- Respond to questions and requests as quickly as possible, making every effort to meet customer expectation.
- Answers the dispatch line quickly and professionally
- Responding to questions and requests as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Making every effort to exceed customer expectations
- Performs other duties as requested
Requirements of the ideal candidate include:
- A go-getter with experience in the intermodal transportation industry
- Dispatch/operations experience with Owner Operators/Independent Contractors
- Computerized dispatch skills and the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines is a must
- Advanced computer skills are critical and must include Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication, relationship building and networking skills
- Must have the ability to prioritize, take initiative and achieve results